Jan 30 2012
Last night I finished the first of my goals for this year! I decided that 2012 was going to be the year I complete projects and minimize my craft spending. I have many incomplete projects that have been cast aside for one reason or another and I have finally decided to either complete them or get rid of them!
One “goal” I’ve had for several years is to have all our Christmas stockings completed. (It’s kind of a joke considering it’s Don who is the one that’s really excited for the stockings, making the task of completing them kind of forced. *wonk*) In the old house we didn’t have a mantel so I let myself slack and not give the projects any urgency, but now we have two mantels so have no more excuses! I posted a couple of years ago about completing Don’s stocking. Well, this past December I finally attached the back to the front as part of his Birthday presents and hung it with our stockings. (oops!) That’s when I decided that I’m just going to plow thru the remaining three so we can get rid of the tacky puffy painted stockings for 2012!
I might have lost some eyesight, but it sure feels good to now have two stockings completed! I decided to map out my year, project wise, and set myself a goal of completing at least one project each month. Hopefully this will keep me from going crazy and feeling like I have bitten off more than I can chew. I’m also hoping this will accelerate my project completion since I’ll be letting myself focus on one project at a time, instead of having my trade-mark one million projects at once going on! 😉
January’s goal was to complete Perrin’s stocking and I got it done with two days to spare! Very impressed with my procrastinating self! My next goal is to complete a lace shawl and I am giving myself the month of February to complete it, after which I will return to Christmas stockings in March to complete Owen’s.
One more happy customer!
3 responses so far